How to Disable Reverse Beep in a Toyoya Prius
How do you disable the annoying reverse been in a Prius? Follow the steps below! Not that this only works on the N American model. The document is directly from wiki and the web.
1. Press the Power button to turn the car on (if your foot is off the brake, you must press the button twice).
2. Press the trip/odometer button until "ODO" appears on the dashboard (if it's already in that mode when you start the car, press the button three times to change to the trip mode and back to the "ODO" mode).
3. Press the power switch to turn the car off.
4. With your foot on the brake, press the power switch again and wait till the ready light stays illuminated.
5. Within six seconds, press and hold the trip/odometer button and continue holding it for at least 10 seconds.
6. While still holding that button, use your other hand to shift from park to reverse, and then quickly press the park button. Now release the trip/odometer button.
7. The trip/odometer display will show "b on" instead of miles.
8. Press the trip/odometer button until the display shows "b off."
9. Press the Power button to turn the car off.